- CIVE Home
- About CIVE
- Academic Programs
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Admissions Requirements
- Student Organizations
- Undergraduate Degree Plans
Shan, Yongwei, Ph.D., P.E.
Construction Engineering & Project Management
Office: 214A Engineering South
- Ph.D. Civil Engineering, University of Colorado at Boulder 2014
- Graduate Certificate in Applied Statistics, University of Kentucky, 2011
- M.S. Civil Engineering, University of Kentucky, 2008
- B.E. Construction Engineering and International Project Management, Chongqing University, 2003
- Construction productivity measurement and improvement
- Building Information Modeling for Engineering, Construction, and Facility Management
- Effective Engineering Information Delivery
- Technology Implementation and Diffusion
Awards and Recognition
- Chi Epsilon National Civil Engineering Honor Society
- Michael Garver Fellowship, University of Kentucky, August 2007 - June 2012.
- Outstanding graduate, Chongqing University, June 2003.
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Construction Institute
- Registered Professional Engineer, Kentucky
- Shan, Y.; and Goodrum; P. (2014). “Integration of Building Information Modeling with Critical Path Method Schedule to Simulate Temperature and Humidity Effect on Construction Productivity.” Buildings 2014, 4, 295-319; doi:10.3390/buildings4030295.
- Taylor, T.; Goodrum, P.; McCoy, A., Uddin, M.; and Shan, Y. (2012). "Change Orders and Lessons Learned: Knowledge from Statistical Analyses of Engineering Change Orders on Kentucky Highway Projects." Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 138(2), 1360-1369.
- Shan, Y.; Goodrum, P.; Zhai, D.; Haas, C.; and Caldas, C. (2011). "The impact of management practices on mechanical construction productivity." Construction Management and Economics, 29(3), 305-316.
- Jones, T.; Shan, Y.; and Goodrum, P. (2010). "An investigation of Corporate Approaches to Sustainability in the U.S. Engineering and Construction Industry." Construction Management and Economics, 28(9), 971-983.
- Goodrum, P., Haas, C., Caldas, C., Shan, Y., Kim, J., and Liu, Y. (2013). The Productivity Handbook. The Construction Industry Institute. Implementation Resource 252-2d. The University of Texas at Austin.