- CIVE Home
- About CIVE
- Academic Programs
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Admissions Requirements
- Student Organizations
- Undergraduate Degree Plans
CIVE Advisory Board
The CIVE Advisory Board is a group of practicing professional engineers who provide guidance to enhance and improve all aspects of the School's program. The Board constitutes a vital link between civil and environmental engineering education and civil and environmental engineering practice. They provide advice that enables the School to better perform its role of preparing students for the practice of engineering and serve to disseminate among practitioners a clear and objective understanding of the manner in which the School is attempting to fulfill this role.
The 2017 Annual Meeting of the CIVE Advisory Board took place September 21-22, in the Bert Cooper Structures Lab Conference Room.
Pictured Top to Bottom:
Back row, Left to right: Mike Ayers. Tom Ratzki, Michael Mills, Ed Stokes (Head), Kevin Koerner, Fred Campana, Ali Frazel
Front row left to right: Brian Orr, Jon Nelson, John Veenstra (School Head), Pranav Mehta, Paul Green, Gary Humphrey
Current CIVE Advisory Board members are:
- Mike Abbas P.E,-M&H Energy Services-Director of Engineering
- Fred Campana-Campana Building Consultants- President
- Thomas Graham-Air Hygiene University-Director of Education
- Gary D. Humphrey-The Jukes Group-Business Development Manager-Geotechnical Engineering
- Paul D. Green-Freese & Nichols-Senior Transportation Engineer
- Sarah Kellert, P.E.-Contech Engineered Solutions-Bridge Consultant
- Kevin Koerner-Superior Pipeline Company-Vice President-Operations & Engineering
- Pranav M. Mehta-Exxon Mobile-Sr. Project Engineer Marine Alaska LNG Project
- D. Bradley Mirth, PE.-State Maintenance Engineer
- Jon Nelson-Tetra Tech Inc.-Sr. Vice President
- Tim Oberlender-Pioneer Natural Resources- Sr. Corp Fac. Project Manager
- Brian M. Orr-Tooth & Associates-Vice President
- Jenny E. Sallee-Garver-Senior Project Manager and Owner
- Shawnita Sterett, P.E.-Business Strategy & Marketing-Sr. Director, D&M Field Marketing
The 2015 Annual Meeting took place October 1st and 2nd. The two day event included a scholarship awards dinner and meeting with students on Thursday evening. Members held meetings with Dean Tikalsky, faculty members and students during their two day meeting. Many items were discussed, including the promotion of the CIVE Department Head and the coming search for a new Head, introduction of new faculty, and current research to name a few. Foremost among the topics was the need of CIVE to better prepare our graduates with the skills needed by their future employers. The CIVE Advisory Board were briefed on curriculum and given the results of the ABET visit that was conducted the first part of the week. The Board will be looking at the CIVE Policy concerning and make suggestions for changes. The meeting was held in the new structures lab conference room.
The full list of CIVE Advisory Board members can be found here.