- CIVE Home
- About CIVE
- Academic Programs
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Admissions Requirements
- Student Organizations
- Undergraduate Degree Plans
Russell, Bruce W., Ph.D., P.E., BCEE
Office: 319A Engineering South
- Ph.D. - Civil Engineering, University of Texas at Austin, 1992
- M.S. - Civil Engineering, Rice University, 1985
- B.S. - Civil Engineering, Rice University, 1980
Dr. Russell's research is in the ares of structural concrete and concrete materials.
Awards and Recognition
- 2006 co-author of the paper winning the George D. Nasser Award for “that paper worthy of special commendation for its merit on the design, research, production or construction of precast/prestressed concrete structures.”
- 2003 Fellow of the American Concrete Institute, recognizing outstanding contributions to the American Concrete Institute and to the advancement of concrete technology.
- 1996 George W. Tauxe Outstanding Professor Award from the student chapters of the American Society of Civil Engineers and Chi Epsilon at the University of Oklahoma.
- 1995 George W. Tauxe Outstanding Professor Award from the student chapters of the American Society of Civil Engineers and Chi Epsilon at the University of Oklahoma.
- 1994 T.Y. Lin Award from the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) recognizing the outstanding publication in the area of prestressed concrete.
- 1993 Martin P. Korn Award from the PCI Journal, for "that paper which offers the greatest contribution to the advancement of precast or prestressed concrete in the areas of design and research."
- Board of Directors, North American Strand Producers Association, Inc. (1995-2004)
- Member, North American Strand Producers Committee, American Wire Producers Assoc. (2004-)
- Member, Committee A2CO3, Concrete Bridges; Transportation Research Board (TRB, 1995-2003)
- Chair, Technical Sessions for TRB, January 1998, 1999.
- Fellow (2003), Member (1989), American Concrete Institute, International (ACI), Detroit, Michigan
- Chair (2001- ), Member (1992- ) Committee 423, Prestressed Concrete.
- Member, Committee 318-G, Building Code Subcommittee (2002 - Present).
- Chair (2002 - ), Member (2000 - ), Publications Committee
- Member, Journal Oversight Team (1998-2001)
- Member, Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute (PCI), Chicago, Illinois
- Member, Prestressing Steel Committee (1992 - Present).
- Chairman, Task Force on Strand Bond (1992 - 1999).
- Speaker, PCI Bridge Design Manual Seminars (1998: 5 states)
- Member, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Chair, Committee 423, Prestressed Concrete (2001 - Present).
- Member, Committee 423, Prestressed Concrete (1992 - Present).
- Member, International Association of Bridge and Structural Engineering (IABSE)
- Member, Post Tensioning Institute (PTI), Phoenix, Arizona
- Member, Oklahoma Structural Engineers Association
- Chi Epsilon, Honorary Civil Engineering Society
- Registered Professional Engineer, No. 15222, Oklahoma
- Licensed Professional Engineer, No. 87131, Texas
- Russell, B.W., Final Report - NASP Round IV Bond Testing, Oklahoma State University, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, June 2006, 119 pp.
- Hisey, J.T., and Russell, B.W., Investigation of MMFX Reinforcing Steel and the Admixture Ipanex for Bridge Decks, Final Report, Oklahoma State University, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, August 2005, 255 pp.
- Joseph, J., and Russell, B.W., Investigating the Use of Admixture Ipanex in Bridge Decks, Final Report, Oklahoma State University, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, August 2005, 196 pp.