- CIVE Home
- About CIVE
- Academic Programs
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Admissions Requirements
- Student Organizations
- Undergraduate Degree Plans
Li, Qiang (Joshua), Ph.D.
Office: 320 Engineering South
- Ph.D. – Civil Engineering, University of Arkansas, 2009
- M.S. – Civil Engineering, Chang'an University, China, 2002
- B.S. – Xi'an Highway and Transportation University, China, 1999
- Mechanistic-Empirical based Pavement Design (MEPDG)
- Data Automation for Pavement Surface Characterization and Evaluation
- Sustainable and Resilient Infrastructure Asset Management
- 3D Simulation of Vehicle-Pavement Interaction for Pavement Safety
Current Research Projects
- Safety Analysis Opportunities Using Pavement Surface Characterization Based on 3D Laser Imaging, Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)
- Surface Characteristics and Improved Airport PCI Survey Solutions with 3D Data, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Traffic and Data Preparation for AASHTO DARWin-ME Analysis and Design, Transportation Pooled-Fund Study TPF-5(242), Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)
- 3D Laser Imaging for ODOT Interstate Network at 1-mm Resolution, Oklahoma Department of Transportation (ODOT)
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Engineer in Training Certificate (State of Arkansas)
- Qiang Joshua Li, Kelvin C.P. Wang, Guangwei Yang, and Lin Li (2014). "One-mm 3D Laser Imaging Survey for Comprehensive Runway Evaluation." 2014 FAA Worldwide Airport Technology Transfer Conference, Galloway, New Jersey.
- Kelvin Wang, Qiang Joshua Li, Vu Nguyen, Mike Moravec, Doc Zhang (2013). "Prep-ME: An Multi-Agency Effort to Prepare Data for DARWin-ME." 2013 Airfield and Highway Pavements Conference, Los Angeles, CA.
- Qiang Joshua Li, Kelvin C. P. Wang, Vu Nguyen, Doc Zhang (2013). "Validation of TMG Traffic Data Check Algorithms." Journal of Transportation Engineering, Vol. 139, No. 11, pp: 1141-1145.
- Qiang Joshua Li, Leslie Mills, Sue McNeil, Nii O. Attoh-Okine (2013). "Integrating Potential Climate Change into the Mechanistic Empirical based Pavement Design." Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, 40(12), pp: 1173-1183.
- Allen Zhang, Qiang Joshua Li, Kelvin C. P. Wang, Shi Qiu (2013). "Matched Filtering Algorithm for Pavement Cracking Detection." Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, Vol 2367, pp: 30-42.
- Qiang Li, Sue McNeil, Taggart K. Foulke, Jonathan Calhoun, Michelle Oswald, Erik Kreh, Michael Gallis, Susanne Trimbath (2012). "Capturing Transportation Infrastructure Performance: Data Availability, Needs and Challenges." Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board. Vol. 2256, pp: 191-201.
- Qiang Li and Sue McNeil (2011). "Advancing Asset Management for Interstate Highway Systems in Delaware." the 8th International Conference on Managing Pavement Assets. Santiago, Chile.
- Qiang Li, Xiaohong She, Kelvin C. P. Wang, and Kevin D. Hall (2010). "Matter-Element Analysis for Optimal Timing and Preventive Maintenance of Pavements." Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, No: 2150, pp: 18-27.