- CIVE Home
- About CIVE
- Academic Programs
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Admissions Requirements
- Student Organizations
- Undergraduate Degree Plans
Bulut, Rifat, Ph.D.
Office: 107B Engineering South
- Ph.D. - Civil Engineering, Texas A&M University, 2001
- M.S. - Civil Engineering, Texas Tech University, 1996
- B.S. - Civil Engineering, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey, 1993
Current Research Projects
- Finite Element Analysis of a Mindlin Plate on a Three Dimensional Expansive Soils Foundation
- Unsaturated Soil Moisture Drying and Wetting Diffusion Coefficient Measurements in Laboratory
- Member, American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM)
- Member, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Member, Geo-Institute
- Member, International Society of Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (IDDMGE)
- United States Universities Council on Geotechnical Education and Research (USUCGER)
- Kassem, E., Masad, E., Lytton, R.L., Bulut, R. (2009). Measurement of the Moisture Diffusion Coefficient of Asphalt Mixtures and Its Relationship to Mixture Composition, International Journal of Pavement Engineering (in press for the March 2009 issue).
- Mabirizi, D. and Bulut, R. (2009). A Comparison of Total Suction Measurements with Thermocouple Psychrometers, Filter Paper Techniques and Chilled-Mirror Device, GeoHunan, International Conference: Challenges and Recent Advances in Pavement Technologies and Transportation Geotechnics, Hunan, China, August 3-6, 2009.
- Mabirizi, D. and Bulut, R. (2009). Unsaturated Soil Moisture Diffusivity Measurements in Laboratory Using Thermocouple Psychrometers, 2009 ASCE International Foundation Congress and Equipment Expo, Orlando, Florida, March 15-19, 2009. (accepted for publication and presentation).
- Bulut, R. and Leong, E.C. (2008). Indirect Measurement of Suction, Special Issue on Laboratory and Field Testing of Unsaturated Soils, Journal of Geotechnical and Geological Engineering, Vol. 26, No. 6, pp. 633-644.